FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canceled AA 1587 jfk phx
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:32 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Often1
1. I would focus on a reroute i possible and then worry about EC 261/2004 delay compensation later.
2. Be armed with alternatives and ask for them in order. If there are large-scale cancellations, you may not get out, but you should be prepared. It looks as though there are connections via ORD, MIA, LAS, and CMH available. AA would certainly route you via LAX, but I would put that at the end of the list unless travelling in F/J (in which case it would be at the front of the list).
3. Whatever the reason for the delay/cancellation, you are entitled to a duty of care and if you are stuck at JFK, AA will likely issue you vouchers for a hotel & meals (or authorize you to find your own and send in receipts for reimbursements).
OP has separate tickets to those issues largely don't apply.

No sure where you are seeing those connections but don't think its accurate.

Flights from JFK to ORD and CMH are cancelled. Flights to MIA are either cancelled or have no availability. Flight to LAS has no availability. Flight to CLT has no availability.

If OP wants to get to LAS tonight, the only option on AA is coach through LAX on AA 306