FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAD - Earliest check-in/bag drop
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:00 pm
DELLAS

Originally Posted by Jaymzuk
I've booked a Business class reward ticket from MAD to LAX next March, scheduled for 12:20, and I'll need to take a positioning flight the night before to get to Madrid with sufficient time. As that flight will land shortly before midnight, and I'll likely not be out of the terminal until 1AM, I don't see there being much point in booking a hotel room for 2-3 hours sleep.

How early would I be able to check my luggage in and pass through security into the lounge, and is the lounge comfortable enough to doze off in for a short while (i.e. dark area similar to BCN)? Any other hints and tips for a long stopover would be appreciated

Thanks in advance!
I have done the transit in MAD with overnights quite a few times. Had your flight been arriving around 1am with a 7 - 8 am departure I would have said just re check the bags then head to the lounge as you can get some sleep .However 12 noon is quite a long time to be doing that and personally I would go for a cheap hotel room around the airport. Of course if you do not want to do that and are happy to sleep in the lounge then that will not be an issue either.