FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines New Business Class 787 IST to DPS (Bali)
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:13 am
kneckenbauer

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

Hi, the seats offer a lot of privacy which is nice - but a real disadvantage when traveling with somebody, especially a child.
I think you made a good choice by placing one parent at the window and the other parent and the child in the middle section.
Seats E&F are very close and you can reach over to your child, possibly help with food, etc but the privacy screen is a pain - you will need to lean forward quite a lot to see your child.
I am not sure if D&G are much better. They don't have the privacy screen in-between, but the seats are further apart and have the consoles between them. They might be a little too far apart. On the other hand, while E&F have a little barrier on the floor, D&G have not - it is possible to cross from one aisle to another via D&G seats, but not via E&F. Might be a good thing when traveling with a child as you can "walk over" to his/her seat.

We will have D&G seats on the return flight. I am happy to report back!
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Would be great if you report back. I have also thought that the ability to walk between seats on the D/G might be better than just leaning forward in the E/F seats.
Another thing is the window seat. In the images I have seen they look a bit staggered from the middle seats. Do you think 4A or 3A is a better choice when the other to are 4D,4G. Maybe you can have a look at that on your way back?

Thanks!