FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did I bypass customs accidentally?
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:59 pm
Voldoo

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by offerendum
Indeed strange regarding FRA. In the past custom sometimes only inspected a few passengers but not these days. Did you perhaps scan your passport at a conputer? FRA - FCO is Schengen so no control.
Nope, nothing like that, including any sort of biometric. Obviously it ended up not being an issue, but it has me more curious than anything. I included a map below with the very poorly drawn route I took in blue with all of my stops.

We arrived in MUC from LAX at gate L30. I exicted the aircraft (here is where it seemed like myself and a dozen other passengers may have deviated from everyone else), and took an excalator upstairs and arrived at the south side of Terminal 2. I remember this distintcly because I stopped for a cigarette in the smoking lounge next to gates L21.

From there at headed straight to the LH FC lounge; I remember passing a passport control area to my right, but it was for passengers entering T2, not departing. I arrived at the lounge and waited for a few hours for my flight. After learning these would be at the K-gates, I walked downstairs 2 stories from the lounge and walked straight up to the gate. No passport control at this point in the process either.