FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Travel Setup: Past & Present
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:46 am
S c 0 TT y

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Hi everyone

So i don’t normally fly business but given i was creating this thread i *had* to go all out or go home. So here it is, here is my setup when i travel.

Post yours!

Over time you will see my economy class tray table!

30k miles were used for the creation of this thread

From left to right:

13" Macbook Pro (2016) - this is my main workhorse. This is indeed where the magic happens (not sure why the wifi wasn't working on the laptop but was on the iPad and iPhone).
10.5" iPad Pro (non-cellular, 256gb) - I am not sure where this device fits in my daily workflow at the moment but I am intrigued by the new iPadOS so it might be more useful as a work tool once released. As it stands, I use it for watching the occasional Netflix or reading a newspaper.
iPhone 7 Plus - my main daily driver
iPhone XR (used to take the photo above) - recently purchased from China (dual sim option) so will be used when traveling to different places and purchasing local sim cards. I damaged it on my most recent flight, I had it in my hand carry on which dropped and cracked the bottom part of the display! DOH! Luckily still working but not looking forward to the repair prices.
Apple Watch Series 3 (not pictured) - from someone who generally doesn't like or wear watches, this was a surprise purchase that I was expecting to return within the 2 week purchase period. That said, I ended up keeping it because it has been really handy especially when traveling and getting updates at any moment with gate announcements. I like it especially when driving and seeing notifications of SMS and Whatsapp,

So yes, pretty heavily involved in the Apple ecosystem and love how it all works together.
Originally Posted by boberonicus
I'm interested in how you prop up your iPhone. I have an iPhone X and have become enamored of Netflix downloads. But I don't have a good stand.
I have
this this
case from Amazon, best fiver one can spend with its uses 👌🏽