FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience with Ethiopian ADD
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:51 am
b_magee

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Dannylingen
Any advice or experience when connecting through ADD because the award ticket I’m looking at jro to ord only has a 1 hour connect which makes me a little sheepish. Any advice is welcome.
Tight connections at ADD are very do-able... So long as your inbound is on-time you should have no problem. If the inbound is delayed or connections are tight, ET often has staff waiting to whisk you off to your next flight. Seeing as how you are going to the USA though, you probably won't be able to skip the security checks as I have often seen happen on North America/EU to Africa connections. The North American flights are usually sectioned off in their own area with a couple gates (3 of them maybe?) which makes it a bit easier as there are fewer passengers to process and they can easily move you through to the front of the line if needed.

If you have *G status you will have a dedicated security line and dedicated document check counter, which takes no time to go through.

The JRO flight will have a lot of folks making connections. I would just try to get a seat near the front for deplaning and, if parked at a remote gate, try to get on the first bus to the terminal.