FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Assignment Got Changed by TAP with NO valid reason
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:04 pm
alim123

Angry Seat Assignment Got Changed by TAP with NO valid reason

HI fellow FTers,

Hope I can get some sound advice from you on what to do.

I am booked on a the TP213 OPO-EWR flight in September . This would be a flight operated by the new A321 Neo aircraft and I had picked seat 4B (one of the four famous single/"throne" seats) as soon as the seat map was uploaded. Unfortunately, when I looked up my reservation last week, my seat 4B was changed to 5C. So now I have 5C which is a standard aisle seat with a window seat next to me. Unfortunately the other 3 throne seats have been occupied. I am disappointed that no one at Tap has informed me about this involuntary seat re-assigment.When I called theTAP reservation desk inquiring what happened, they advised me that 4B is blocked with no occupant. If this is a technical issue I cannot accept since there is plenty of time to repair before my flight in early Sep. I hope it is not the case where I was bumped off for a flyer with higher status wanting this seat. I wrote to customer service a couple of times and have not heard back.

Any advice? Thanks!!!