FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:54 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by DBFL

We finally agree about something!

So so you can’t just say cycling is bad no matter what. I’m sure if I cycle Discover 5x in a month it would draw attention. And it’s possible that both Amex and Discover realized that I was cycling the cards and reviewed it, saw nothing that they didn’t approve of, and just let me keep up BAU. I’m also not charging more than my stated annual income on any one card in a 12 month period (except biz cards which aren’t used for MS). And by paying early to have my cards report no balance, each card issuer has no idea how much I charge on my other cards.
The current credit reporting just tries to paint a fair picture of mass consumer's credit worthiness. The system is never perfect and is a compromise between government, consumer advocates, credit bureaus and banks. With the recent high profile CB file leaks and hacks, there is a huge concern with consumer credit and financial data. So I do not think anyone wants to disclose any more data. At a minimal cost, it is very easy to purchase some consumer financial data for commercial purposes. What if the data is used illegally? So it is a dead-end to get into the credit reporting and links to MS activities. No matter how good the credit system is, there is always some way to abuse it or take advantage of the system by a small number of card holders. It is up to the bank to enforce its own rules within the guidelines of the federal credit system.