FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:32 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL1922, JFK-SEA, Fri 2 Aug — the absolute worst F meal I’ve had on any airline in a very long time
  • no PDB service — FA apologized, saying it was more important to not take more than the posted departure delay (1630 to 1720)
  • grape tomatoes don’t ever belong on a Caesar salad, but DL for some reason almost always includes them (there may have been shredded carrots as well); the miniature croutons were incredibly soggy
  • the entree was some unrecognizable flat pasta, baked with a “mushroom Alfredo” sauce that resembled nothing so much as cream of mushroom soup ... I don’t eat beef, so the other option was moot
  • I was several g&ts to the good since ~1230 (DCA SkyClub, PDB and inflight, and JFK SC) so decided to try the chardonnay ... bad choice; it was exceptionally heavy and oaky, not at all suitable to cut through the sauce on the pasta