FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX loses income and address info
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:21 pm
Mike B

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
AMEX loses income and address info

Thus afternoon I received an email reporting that AMEX had tried to send me mail about one of my cards, but wasn’t able to do so. I was urged to update my address immediately. The option to go paperless was also mentioned. Nothing about my address has changed, so I was skeptical. I thought it might be a scam, or might be an effort by AMEX to nag me into going paperless. Rather than use any links in the email, I opened the AMEX app on my phone and found that indeed, my street address was there, but my city, state and zip code were blank. I provided the missing information. I noticed an option to update my income, and on a whim, opened it. My annual income was shown as $1000000000! I may not have the number of zeros right, but it was a 1 followed by the field filled with zeros. I corrected that.

i have several AMEX cards, and checked the others. The income info had updated between cards, but address didn’t. All my other cards were missing address information, so I updated them all.

This wasn’t really a major problem, but I am curious if this has happened to anyone else, or if I can get any insight from the group here. I scrolled through several pages of messages checking subjects, and tried searching for “address” and got a horde of responses, apologies if this has been asked and I overlooked it.

Last edited by Mike B; Aug 3, 2019 at 2:12 pm