FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I take only the first leg of a connecting flight?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:23 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robandjenny
New here, so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I am currently looking at some flights between Bali and Kuala Lumpur. They cost £90. However If I book a flight from Bali to Jakarta which stops in Kuala Lumpur for 15 hours the price is only £45.

Is there any way to only take the first flight and then collect my bag in KL? I know normally the bags are checked through, but wondered if anyone has heard of doing something like this and asking at check-in that their bag was not checked through to the final destination?

Does the airline matter? if so it is Malaysia Airlines.

Thanks in advance
DPS-KUL-CGK. Surprised MH Malaysia Airlines will sell you a flight from Indonesia to Indonesia via a 2 second country.

Hidden city ticketing. A well know term. Frowned up on by airlines. Generally airlines will not short check luggage. At that price, checked luggage is likley to be extra to the headline air fare.
If this a return ticket, it will auto cancel when/if you no show KUL-CGK.

For the small amount of money and the many airlines from DPS personally I would not do this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngurah...tional_Airport

A recent thread ---> United asking gate agents to report hidden ticket travelers