FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should Aegean switch brands?
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:03 am
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELLAS
All you guys are missing the point ! Aegean bought the OA name and logo purely for one reason. Because if they did not then another owner would be in competition and obviously that is not in Aegeans interests. Pure and simple.
That may well be the case, but they could use it to their advantage.

If Aegean has any aspirations of becoming a more international airline, I don't think 'Aegean' has the potential to become such a well known brand. There is a large number of the population that remembers the brand and will immediately associate Olympic with Greece.

I really don't think a change at this point in the company's development would set them back. I think most people who travel through Athens are aware that Aegean and Olympic are owned by the same company. I don't believe that simply switching brands at this stage will create too much of a problem. I'm not talking about changing anything as far as the actual onboard product goes. The Olympic name combined with Aegean's great onboard service would soon prove that the OA brand has greatly improved. Aegean, could still be used as the regional brand, which in my eyes makes much more sense anyway.

You could argue it's the perfect time for a now or never change, and with clever marketing and advertising it is very doable.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Aegean should be the seaplane division of a new Olympic Airlines...
Looks a bit bumpy