FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Court of Appeal session, BA v BALPA - live broadcast on YouTube, 30 July 2019
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:28 am
SonTech

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I’ve no idea what the Court will decide, but if they decide in favour of BA, I certainly hope that the union will take the case to the ECHR where I would imagine them to have a strong chance of winning. I suspect that the ba view of the world is likely untenable from the point of view of the uk’s international commitments on the right to strike as a fundamental freedom.
BA have not said the pilots cannot strike just that they need to follow the rules, what ever they be. It certainly does not stop the pilots from striking at all so does not effect their rights.

One could also argue that if BALPA doesn't need to know if they are shorthaul or longhaul then do they need to know what type rating they are either. All tbey really need to know is that they are a pilot at X company.
Any one know what is on the application form to join BALPA and what you need to let them know as you progress your career?