FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A330 Developments
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:07 pm
Arbeysix

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by TomYoung
According to Planespotters the Dragon is due to receive HLN/HLO/HLT/HLU/HLV. When this done CX will only have 3 (HLD/HLF/HLH) of the 33Ps left. Hopefully HLD will be returned to lessor shortly and HLF/HLH retired in the coming 18 months. Are CX responding to the general (passenger and crew) dislike of this model?

As far as the Dragon is concerned hopefully this will allow retirement of their oldest relics.
Interesting and thanks for the update. I don't know if anyone has run the numbers against A350 arrivals/planned 77W returns to lessors but I do wonder if this will leave CX short of regional frames in the not too distant future? If so, then CX's replacement plans seem to me one of the more interesting short haul fleet selection decisions around. If the decision were based primarily on the economics of short haul passenger ops alone then presumably the 787-10 would be a front runner. But throw in CX's relatively large freight ops and the benefits of fleet commonality and I wonder if "regional" versions of the A350 or retaining 77Ws would be in the mix.