FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe - unusual text message : Removal of middle seat block
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:23 am
Flyweight

This removal of middle seat block happened on my LHR - Athens flight on Saturday morning

A few points

1 - we weren’t told about this at any point - a passenger simply boarded right before take off and was given seat 1B - which created an awkward situation for all. I don’t think it’s good enough not to be told even at boarding that this was happening.

2 - my wife and I had 1a and 1c and so I was forced to move to 1b

3 - I understand the desire to get people where they want to go but not offering anything other than an email thanking me for my compassion is pretty terrible customer service - why would I choose BA in future if that’s the culture? On a CX flight the reading light didn’t work and I was given a 150USD service voucher.

no one in their right mind would pay for business class on that 3 and a half hour flight if the only difference is some powdered eggs for breakfast - surely they should want to keep their paying customers happy.

The cabin crew told us to write to BA - what’s the conclusion as to what to ask for (I used my Marco Polo membership for crediting points)