FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some flight cancellations out of LHR
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:58 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by binman
Perhaps rather than spouting the BA media line you have a look, as I have done at the disruption at BRU FRA CDG AMS DUS. It is non existent! Indeed the only cancellations I could see were those of BA. Are people sleeping in the terminals of those airports. No. (based on what I can see on the various local media outlets.) Only in T5. I get NATS had a short term but serious issue but to continue blaming weather is pathetic.
easyJet had 3 services today between LGW and GLA, two of the three cancelled, Two of the three STN services are badly delayed. Ditto with the 3 Stansted services. Ryanair and Flybe have also cancelled services today, include in the case of Flybe services to Glasgow. KLM has cancelled a lot of services out of Schiphol today, including to GOT, KIX, CPH, BCN, CFE, LHR, MXP, LIN, FLR, VCE, and the departure board is currently a sea of red delayed departures - further cancellations will be inevitable. So I don't think this stacks up.

For the cancelled services, you will get a full refund. For the hotels and experiences, it depends if they were booked either by BA, BA Holidays or via a travel agent. If you booked them separately / directly, then hotels and experiences would be regarded as consequential losses, so BA won't be paying for those items, that should be directed at your travel insurers.