FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which airline has better cabin luggage policy?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:48 pm
milfweed20

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
Which airline has better cabin luggage policy?

Hey guys,

I will be travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia in June and will be in J/F every segment except the flight from REP-SIN where I have to choose between Jetstar or SilkAir.

I always travel with a Tumi Alpha Knox backpack and a Rimowa Original Cabin S (55x40x20), and I'm a little worried I will be having a tough time bringing those two pieces of cabin luggage in any of the flights. From the research I've done, in Silkair I'm entitled to bring one item on board that does not exceed 115cm in total (Rimowa Cabin S is exactly 115cm) but I don't think they will consider my backpack as a personal item and allow it. In Jetstar if I buy every available luggage add-on, I'm entitled two two items on board, but the carry bag has to be 55x36x23 and the personal item 40x30x10 which could work for the Tumi bag but not for the Rimowa carry-on.

Unfortunately I have to take the direct flight and it has to be on a day where apparently there is no J available on Silkair, so I would like to hear from your experience if they will enforce these rules or if they may allow it?