Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Which airline has better cabin luggage policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance

Hey guys,

I will be travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia in June and will be in J/F every segment except the flight from REP-SIN where I have to choose between Jetstar or SilkAir.

I always travel with a Tumi Alpha Knox backpack and a Rimowa Original Cabin S (55x40x20), and I'm a little worried I will be having a tough time bringing those two pieces of cabin luggage in any of the flights. From the research I've done, in Silkair I'm entitled to bring one item on board that does not exceed 115cm in total (Rimowa Cabin S is exactly 115cm) but I don't think they will consider my backpack as a personal item and allow it. In Jetstar if I buy every available luggage add-on, I'm entitled two two items on board, but the carry bag has to be 55x36x23 and the personal item 40x30x10 which could work for the Tumi bag but not for the Rimowa carry-on.

Unfortunately I have to take the direct flight and it has to be on a day where apparently there is no J available on Silkair, so I would like to hear from your experience if they will enforce these rules or if they may allow it?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For low cost airlines just expect the rules to be applied.
Low cost airlines make a lot of money from airport add-on fees
Just check-in a bag;- simple

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.