FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reservations Canceled via Marriott Not Being Canceled At Hotel
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:02 am
husky96821

Reservations Canceled via Marriott Not Being Canceled At Hotel

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but I've experienced this with three different hotels. I've made both points and cash reservations in the past and then subsequently canceled them due to scheduling changes. The canceled stays disappear from the upcoming stays list in my Marriott account, both online and in the app, but the hotel has subsequently contacted me asking about my upcoming stay. With my most recent experience, and most alarming, the St. Regis Maldives reached out to me asking about our travel arrangements for a stay in August. 99% sure that I had previously canceled my reservation, as I monitor them very closely, I responded that I've experienced this with a number of hotels recently and that I canceled the reservation in my Marriott account, but this wasn't always being reflected in the hotel's system. Wanting to be 100% sure, I check my Marriott account only to see an upcoming reservation at the St. Regis Maldives that the hotel referenced in their email. In a panic, I immediately canceled the reservation, while also noticing that the free cancellation period had just passed hours ago. I dug through my emails to find the cancellation confirmation months ago, helping me to breathe easier. Having to incur a cancellation penalty at any hotel would be quite annoying, but one at a hotel as expensive as the St. Regis Maldives would cause issues with the wife.

Has anyone else experienced this?