Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Reservations Canceled via Marriott Not Being Canceled At Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:02 am
Original Poster

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but I've experienced this with three different hotels. I've made both points and cash reservations in the past and then subsequently canceled them due to scheduling changes. The canceled stays disappear from the upcoming stays list in my Marriott account, both online and in the app, but the hotel has subsequently contacted me asking about my upcoming stay. With my most recent experience, and most alarming, the St. Regis Maldives reached out to me asking about our travel arrangements for a stay in August. 99% sure that I had previously canceled my reservation, as I monitor them very closely, I responded that I've experienced this with a number of hotels recently and that I canceled the reservation in my Marriott account, but this wasn't always being reflected in the hotel's system. Wanting to be 100% sure, I check my Marriott account only to see an upcoming reservation at the St. Regis Maldives that the hotel referenced in their email. In a panic, I immediately canceled the reservation, while also noticing that the free cancellation period had just passed hours ago. I dug through my emails to find the cancellation confirmation months ago, helping me to breathe easier. Having to incur a cancellation penalty at any hotel would be quite annoying, but one at a hotel as expensive as the St. Regis Maldives would cause issues with the wife.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Some folks in this thread experienced similar: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...servation.html
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Some folks in this thread experienced similar: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...servation.html
Thank you. I figured there had to be an existing thread as I couldn't be the only one experiencing this issue.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would suggest you document the 3 experiences and send the lurkers a note - they need to pass this serious glitch to the IT team to get the glitches fixed.

The timeline sequence of display of Stays have been totally messed up in my account for a few weeks. Lurker was informed, and the description together with screen shots have been passed along to IT. It took 2 back and forth, but the issue was finally fixed last week. Now the display is in correct timeline sequence.

Back to the issue you have experienced, I canceled an AC Hotel thru Desktop 2 days ago. I have made screen shots on both the cancellation confirmation screen as well as the My Trip on both the current upcoming stays and the cancelled stays - the AC correctly dropped off from the Upcoming and showed up in the Cancelled. Yet, there is NO Cancellation Email ever come the next morning. I ended up calling the reservation line and had the rep sent me a Cancellation email which came in the format as if you request an email sent on your reservation, i.e. in Text format, not the usual format. Another several hours passed, like well over 24 hours after the cancellation, a "normal" cancellation email finally came.

I knew a lot of people having issues with the App cancellation, but now we are experiencing the issues on Desktop cancellation as well. This is very disconcerting. Therefore we should let the lurker know about the recurring issues. It is almost like they fix one issue then another issue popped up.
dgreen12 and EuropeanPete like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.