FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO CONNECTION TIME EX-Int’L Flight
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:11 pm
be_rettSEA

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Mobile Passport is a mobile app that enables travelers entering the United States to submit their passport information and customs declaration form to U.S. Customs and Border Protection via smartphone or tablet and go through the inspections process using an expedited lane.

On mobile passport there is a separate queue so you get to see the officer much faster than those without it. When arriving in SEA I stop to do my Nexus/Global Entry declaration at the kiosk while my partner, who has made his declaration while still on the plane, walks on by. You can make your declaration up to 4 hours before arriving at the US Point of entry. I go through the Global Entry queue and he goes through the Mobile Passport queue. We are cleared through customs within a minute or two of each other and sometimes he gets through before me. It is the same at LAX, SFO, MIA, JFK, PHL, PHX... and also works at some marine ports of entry like MIA & FLL.

James
Yes, and, some airports (not all) have separate customs lines once you've made it through the immigration step and collected baggage. As far as I know, mobile passport doesn't help you out there at all. With GE, I've bypassed a line at least a hundred people long and basically walked right out after handing my slip to the agent.