FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any work around for searching "backtracking" award bookings - silly SQ website
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:24 am
Unionruler

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
So the problem I have is that SQ doesn't let me search for *A awards on SOME of the routes that would be considered backtracking for SQ and was wondering if there is a workaround for this.

I can search for BOM - MEA - and get *A only options with the SQ/MI selection button greyed out.

However if I search for BOM - Europe I get the error - "The Origin and Destination you have selected constitutes a backtrack routing on Singapore Airlines/SilkAir. Backtracking is not permitted except as required by routing restrictions. Backtracking occures when a journey does not occur in the same direction as that in which it was begun." An absurd error when they should be showing me *A options for this as well (not to mention know how to spell occurs).

Does anyone know any way around this other than calling in?
Specific to BOM - Middle East/ North Africa, iirc this is not in the KF SQ/MI award chart and if you really want it, it will price as 2 awards. SQ expects you to fly TK/LH/LX and will only sell you a *A award. However if you are willing to reposition to somewhere served only by AI domestically and SQ/MI internationally (e.g. CCU), you can try your luck asking the call center agents to sell you CCU-SIN-IST/FRA-destination with last segment on TK/LH as a single *A award.