FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TYO-HNL; HNL-JFK Odd Flight Search Results
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:30 pm
warren8525

TYO-HNL; HNL-JFK Odd Flight Search Results

I was lucky to score a JAL F award ticket for JFK-NRT. For my trip back, I am travelling TYO-HNL (7 night stay) and then HNL-JFK. Google Flights are showing business/first class flights available on Hawaiian Airlines. The flights are about $2800 booking thru Hawaiian; +$100 booking thru Expedia Japan or +$200 booking thru Orbitz.

The odd thing is that I can't get the Google price when clicking thru to Hawaiian Airlines website. Hawaiian's website shows $6800 price. Is there something odd about doing multi-city one-way international booking? I was able to book similar flights last year thru the Hawaiian website (even got codeshare operated by JAL flight) for similar $2700. Have tariffs/restrictions changed?

The Expedia Japan pricing is in JPY. Are there any issues booking thru Expedia Japan if I'm a US resident?

The Orbitz booking is in USD. I can get the itinerary when clicking thru the Google Flights link but I cannot find the same itinerary using Orbitz search function.

Apologies for the complex and very specific flight questions. Thanks for comments/suggestions.