FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LX Seating-thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:52 pm
zoechow

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by peteremcc
Am within 48 hours of my Swiss flight and online the throne seats have opened up (from Blue to White), but whenever I select one and choose Save, it looks like it has worked, but it doesn't actually save my preference.

Tried calling in and was told they are reserved for Senator/HON/etc. I politely pointed out that usually within 48 hours that isn't the case, and that I was able to select one of these seats perfectly fine last month, but didn't get anywhere with the customer service person,

To be clear: Blue seats have changed to White, but Star seats are still Star, but the customer service person seemed to suggest that Blue seats were still showing as the equivalent of a Star for her.

I see a few similar reports above. Is this just a website bug and the person didn't know what they're doing? Or has the rule recently changed?
I found that when the website did this, then the app does the same. However, for me, even when I couldn’t get a change to stick online, calling in my rep told me it was just the specific throne I had asked for (9a, maybe?) that was unbookable. He offered another throne, maybe 15k, and his change stuck. I’m not sure if I could have done that online had I known which were really bookable? I didn’t remember to check in as early as possible (t-23?), and by the time I checked in almost all other seats were taken.