LX Seating-thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
77W - which business seat?

Seats just got released for my upcoming LX 77W flight. I'm currently in 4K (front row in mini cabin, window) but debating whether to move 5K (not a real throne seat but almost) - or to 9A or 16A which should be real throne seats but in the main cabin.

Traveling alone.

Any thoughts? Thx
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:45 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Seats just got released for my upcoming LX 77W flight. I'm currently in 4K (front row in mini cabin, window) but debating whether to move 5K (not a real throne seat but almost) - or to 9A or 16A which should be real throne seats but in the main cabin.

Traveling alone.

Any thoughts? Thx
The last time I checked 5K is a pretty real throne seat (and Swiss also asks the same price for that seat like tha A throne seats) and I'd opt for that one.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I would stick to 4K because of the (much) larger cubbyholes in bulkhead.
linglingfool likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by goliath
I would stick to 4K because of the (much) larger cubbyholes in bulkhead.
And I would never take 4K - cubbyhole size is not as important to me as avoiding having a neighbour, especially when there are single seats available. I guess it's better we all have different preferences!
Nick Art likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:10 pm

Am within 48 hours of my Swiss flight and online the throne seats have opened up (from Blue to White), but whenever I select one and choose Save, it looks like it has worked, but it doesn't actually save my preference.

Tried calling in and was told they are reserved for Senator/HON/etc. I politely pointed out that usually within 48 hours that isn't the case, and that I was able to select one of these seats perfectly fine last month, but didn't get anywhere with the customer service person,

To be clear: Blue seats have changed to White, but Star seats are still Star, but the customer service person seemed to suggest that Blue seats were still showing as the equivalent of a Star for her.

I see a few similar reports above. Is this just a website bug and the person didn't know what they're doing? Or has the rule recently changed?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by peteremcc
Am within 48 hours of my Swiss flight and online the throne seats have opened up (from Blue to White), but whenever I select one and choose Save, it looks like it has worked, but it doesn't actually save my preference.

Tried calling in and was told they are reserved for Senator/HON/etc. I politely pointed out that usually within 48 hours that isn't the case, and that I was able to select one of these seats perfectly fine last month, but didn't get anywhere with the customer service person,

To be clear: Blue seats have changed to White, but Star seats are still Star, but the customer service person seemed to suggest that Blue seats were still showing as the equivalent of a Star for her.

I see a few similar reports above. Is this just a website bug and the person didn't know what they're doing? Or has the rule recently changed?
I found that when the website did this, then the app does the same. However, for me, even when I couldnt get a change to stick online, calling in my rep told me it was just the specific throne I had asked for (9a, maybe?) that was unbookable. He offered another throne, maybe 15k, and his change stuck. Im not sure if I could have done that online had I known which were really bookable? I didnt remember to check in as early as possible (t-23?), and by the time I checked in almost all other seats were taken.

Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Business Class Seats for Couple

Just booked a reward flight TLV-ZRH-LAX in Business Class

Flight TLV-ZRH is A330
Flight ZRH-LAX is 777

Suggestions for seating for a couple. Does one side of the plane have better views leaving Zurich? Don't care much about the flight from Tel Aviv as it leaves 5:20 AM and hopefully will sleep for a couple of hours.

I have a 4.5-hour layover in Zurich. This will be on a Friday. If the plane arrives in time does it pay to go into the city for a few hours, hang out in the lounge, or are there any interesting shops in the airport? Tried to do an overnight layover in Zurich but the flight left TLV earlier than I needed.

Best place in the airport or if I go into town to get Swiss Chocolate?
Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
I have a 4.5-hour layover in Zurich. This will be on a Friday. If the plane arrives in time does it pay to go into the city for a few hours, hang out in the lounge
Too tight considering you'd need two passport controls and a security check. Just enjoy the lounge in E.

Best place in the airport or if I go into town to get Swiss Chocolate?
Thanks
Sprngli, lderach, lindt, in order of price.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
You can get Swiss chocolate in the airport for the same price as in Zurich city shops, and as getting into the city is quite expensive by Taxi, (but fast and cheap by Train) I would stay at the airport lounge and buy the chocolate in the air-side shopping area.

You will get great views of the Alps from either side of the plane, but as you fly west once out of airport space, and the Alps are mostly to the South of Zurich, I would book seats on the left side of the plane.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
As to best couple seats on LX 777, we always take 4J/K if we fly together.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by Gioventu
As to best couple seats on LX 777, we always take 4J/K if we fly together.
Same here, good seats for couples, however I am ditching Swiss as the beds are uncomfortable, too hard on the back.
Also why are Swiss so stingy in the mini cabin, a light indicating whether lavatories are vacant should be a given.

Last edited by robertr; Aug 2, 2019 at 10:35 pm Reason: Missed first word
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The only 2 seats left on the left side of the plane were 15 A and B so chose those. 4J/K were taken,

On an A330 I gather 2 middle seats are best. Have row 7
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by peteremcc
I tried to change to a throne at T-48 (and multiple times thereafter), but it still showed as blue and would not save the selection without payment. At around T-47, I was able to reserve it at no charge.
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Sprngli, lderach, lindt
lderach, lderach, lderach
zoechow and Nick Art like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:40 am

I booked throne seat t-48.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:07 am

Question LX B777 Miami Zurich

Hi everybody!

I will be on the flight from Miami to Zurich on B77W next february (28th)
I wanted to book the seats with extra legroom on the row 22 DEF, but there's just one "x" right in the middle (F).... I Assume it's for a baby....
I can't choose exit row because my daughter will only be 15 yo...
And Row 40 is full...

Any idea what economy seat I could choose? My husband is really tall :-/
Do you think it's possible to book 22 D E G if F is busy? Do yolu think it's for a baby??

Sorry for my english, am writing from France.

Many thanks!

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.