FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest $/EQM Flights
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:46 pm
HappyDoggo

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
By far the best $/EQM that I ever received was the Beijing mistake fare back in 2015. I also remember fondly the days of triple EQM (when AA was trying to compete with VX for business from CA residents). But I suspect none of that is particularly helpful for OP's purposes today.

Nowadays, I would consider anything below 6¢/EQM to be decent, with anything below 4¢/EQM to be very good. From ORD, usually the best deals are to SE Asia (e.g., BKK, CGK, HKG, SIN, etc.). Sometimes PE (on CX or JL) is a good deal, particularly when you're looking for EQD in addition to EQM.
Originally Posted by evadsivad
If you are in the market for EQDs as well as EQMs, a friend and I just flew Cathay Pacific ORD-HKG-JNB-CPT-JNB-HKG-ORD in Premium Economy. For a $2400 fare, we got a little over 44000 EQMs, but the kicker was that we got almost 6100 EQDs on a $2400 fare. And a two day vacation in Cape Town and a lot of relaxation and good food and drink in the Pier lounge in HKG! Plus, the Premium Economy seats on Cathay, though not brand new, are really pretty comfortable.
Thanks for sharing! It seems like you both recommended EQD + EQM combo with Cathay. Just looked at the earning chart. Looks interesting.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ay-pacific.jsp

When you flew ORD-HKG-JNB-CPT-JNB-HKG-ORD, did you book each segment separately? Or they are layovers? How do you go about booking and picking the stops?