Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest $/EQM Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest $/EQM Flights

In your experience:

1. What was the cheapest $/EQM flights that you had taken?
2. What was the class of service?
3. What was the routing?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
A few years ago I stumbled into this gem on aa.com, $1350 for the following all on the same PNR:

RDU-DFW-MIA-MAD
MAD-JFK-IND-ORD-PEK
NRT-JFK-LHR-MAD
MAD-DFW-RDU
RDU-DFW-MAD
MAD-DFW-RDU

Around 46,600 EQM, but it was during a double EQM promo (must have been 2012 I think), so netted 93k EQM for $1350.

But that was a different time and different place. In this day and age, if all you're after is EQM, cheap flights to Asia abound. Very easy to get ~20k EQM for $500 or less. Just took me 30 seconds to find a $450 roundtrip to PVG in the fall, $200 cheaper than my last trip to Pittsburgh.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
A few years ago I stumbled into this gem on aa.com, $1350 for the following all on the same PNR:

RDU-DFW-MIA-MAD
MAD-JFK-IND-ORD-PEK
NRT-JFK-LHR-MAD
MAD-DFW-RDU
RDU-DFW-MAD
MAD-DFW-RDU

Around 46,600 EQM, but it was during a double EQM promo (must have been 2012 I think), so netted 93k EQM for $1350.

But that was a different time and different place. In this day and age, if all you're after is EQM, cheap flights to Asia abound. Very easy to get ~20k EQM for $500 or less. Just took me 30 seconds to find a $450 roundtrip to PVG in the fall, $200 cheaper than my last trip to Pittsburgh.
Oh wow. Thanks for sharing! Wish I was in the game in the good old days.

Can you please walk me through on how you found those $450 PVG flights? Where is your outbound airport? How do you find the cheapest outbound and destination with the longest distance?

All the flights I found to PVG are more than $1k.

Please see below a screenshot of my search - https://i.imgur.com/lkJZMT9.png
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by HappyDoggo
Oh wow. Thanks for sharing! Wish I was in the game in the good old days.

Can you please walk me through on how you found those $450 PVG flights? Where is your outbound airport? How do you find the cheapest outbound and destination with the longest distance?

All the flights I found to PVG are more than $1k.

Please see below a screenshot of my search - https://i.imgur.com/lkJZMT9.png
Try using Google Flights with some of the available options. Iirc leaving the destination open, selecting for oneworld, you can get a price sort.
E55 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I don't remember exactly how much I paid, but back in the good old days of YVR/LAX-PTY allowing routing on LAX-JFK TCON J, a lot of people were doing that (see: (Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT ). I personally did:

YVR-PHX-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-DCA-PHX-YVR which was ~23k EQM for <800USD.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I don't remember exactly how much I paid, but back in the good old days of YVR/LAX-PTY allowing routing on LAX-JFK TCON J, a lot of people were doing that (see: (Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT ). I personally did:

YVR-PHX-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-DCA-PHX-YVR which was ~23k EQM for <800USD.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Try using Google Flights with some of the available options. Iirc leaving the destination open, selecting for oneworld, you can get a price sort.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I found a trip that gives about 21k EQM at sub $800 ~3.6cpm.

Is this a good deal? It seems pretty impossible to find a MR below 3cpm for American Airline out of Chicago.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thanks a lot for this tip. Just the one I've been hoping to stumble upon at some point eventually. Much appreciated indeed.

Cheers!!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I got this for 540

[img]http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=maf-dfw-nrt-cgk-kul-sin-hkg-icn-dfw-maf&MS=wls&MR=900&MX=720x360&PM=*
[/img]
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
I got this for 540

[img]http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=maf-dfw-nrt-cgk-kul-sin-hkg-icn-dfw-maf&MS=wls&MR=900&MX=720x360&PM=*
How did you get this map?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:59 am

You make it on www.gcmap.com or www.gc.kls2.com
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Gcmap.com

Just punch in the airport codes.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
I once did BCN-JFK-GRU-LAX-SEA-DFW-GRU-JFK-BCN for about $800. It gave me 31033 EQM. The kicker is the DFW-GRU plane was swapped from a 77W to 772 and they needed volunteers to take the next flight. They gave us volunteers all $1000 vouchers. So net, I made $200 off this!
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by SiempreBCNJFK
I once did BCN-JFK-GRU-LAX-SEA-DFW-GRU-JFK-BCN for about $800. It gave me 31033 EQM. The kicker is the DFW-GRU plane was swapped from a 77W to 772 and they needed volunteers to take the next flight. They gave us volunteers all $1000 vouchers. So net, I made $200 off this!
Did you even spend the night at any of those places or did you just get the next flight out?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SiempreBCNJFK
This is awesome. When did you do this?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by peaches070
Did you even spend the night at any of those places or did you just get the next flight out?
Yes! If I remember correctly, I spent two nights in Sao Paolo, one night in Seattle, one night in Dallas (due to the VDB) and another four nights in Sao Paolo. The thing is, Airbnbs are so cheap in Sao Paolo (like 20€ a night) and I stayed with a friend in Seattle. So it was a very productive trip!

This is awesome. When did you do this?
I believe it was June 2016. What really made it work was flights to Brazil were really cheap as they were trying to promote tourism ahead of the Olympics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.