FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat Question
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:55 pm
onebigworld

Programs: AE Business Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt,, Priority Pass for AE & RC Chase, Global Entry, CLEAR
I booked two economy tickets and paid to hold them for a week. The return flight did not have two seats left in regular economy on the two-seater aisles, so I booked the comfort seats (listed as $80 extra - assumed that was per seat) on the return. A price of over $1000 was quoted.

Five days later I went online to pay for the tickets and the website kept sending me in circles, not allowing me to pay. I got on chat and the person said they would open up a window in chat for me to pay. It never showed me what the amount should be. I'd never done that before so after I paid, I called my credit card company. They confirmed the charge went through to Hawaiian Airlines. But it was for $8xx. I wondered if the price dropped in the last week.

I noted that my seat assignments were still in an extra comfort row on the return (16) but there is no listing for an extra charge for that.

UPDATE: I called HA and she said the reason I am getting email reminders to finish my transaction is because the $80 extra comfort fee has to be paid and somehow cannot be charged in the online chat billing form I had the previous night. I gave her my credit card and explained why I only booked comfort seats for the return flight. In spite of this and the fact that the records show that comfort level row was only booked for the return flight, she charged my credit card for 4 x $80, instead of 2 x $80.

I had to call again, speak to someone else who then spoke to the other agent who made the mistake (but who never gets on the phone with me). The overcharge is now being credited back to me.

Be sure to read your receipt carefully.

Last edited by onebigworld; Jul 23, 2019 at 12:39 am Reason: updating