FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Likelihood of MS JFK-CAI Getting 787
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:22 pm
JayhawkCO

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Connecting on MS from IAD to WDH via JNB is basically impossible. Layovers at CAI have to be over 24 hours as the frequency of the IAD-CAI flights are really out of sync with the CAI-JNB flights. The only possible <24 hours connection is on the Saturday IAD-CAI flight connecting to the Sunday departure CAI-JNB. IMO you would be better off trying to book ORD/YYZ/IAD-ADD-WDH award flights on ET and hope you can switch to other *A carriers closer in if you are not interested in flying on ET.
For sure. The only days I had found that worked with a IAD departure were Saturdays, but having tracked the "release" schedule of the different airlines, I wouldn't be able to book a return two weeks later if I departed on a Saturday. JFK-CAI-JNB-WDH on Wednesdays seems to be consistent (and is currently available for my date of departure, but I'm just waiting for my Excursionist Perk and return to come online). That's why I was really hoping the JFK flights would end up getting the new business class by next summer. Or, I was hoping somehow I could get IAD-CAI-ADD-WDH, but that combo does not seem to ever pop up with 4 seats in C. We were trying to book a long layover in CAI to do the typical pyramids/museum stuff, but there is also direct JFK-JNB availability on my date right now too.

Chris

Last edited by JayhawkCO; Jul 20, 2019 at 10:27 pm