FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appropriate dress
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:02 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Gynob001
My wife (caucasian about 60) and step daughter(about 30) are accompanying men a trip to India (Rajasthan, Rishikesh). I am of Indian origin but left Chennai over 45 years back. They are concerned about what kind of clothing would be appropriate to wear. The trip includes both an official business function as well as sightseeing/yoga trip. Any suggestions or pictures?
pretty much any type of clothing would be appropriate....i have friends, family, colleagues & clients visiting india all the time....some are here for business, some visiting family & some for sightseeing....most of the women like to buy indian clothes (mostly shalwar kameez) while they are here since its something new/different & wear them during their trip....others wear jeans, pants, shorts, t-shirts, skirts, dresses, etc....normal stuff....

at religious sites i would suggest they cover up as much as possible but the rest of the time they can wear what they want....the more skin you show, the more you are likely to get stared at so avoid mini skirts & tank tops....pretty much anything else is appropriate....