FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA flight check-in (UA codeshare) at LAX, arriving on separate DL flight
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:39 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by BThumme
Flying DTW-IAH-NRT-BKK today. NRT-BKK UA codeshare. I couldn't get ANY mobile boarding passes, but had precheck. Had to get passes emailed, and UA segments were fine, but last page was no pass for UA7922 or whatever the number is. Polaris lounge couldn't help me either. So en route to Narita and still can't check in, just keep getting bounced trying to check in (Flights eligible for online check-in could not be found") (even though i click online checkin from my reservation). Thought it was odd that it would cause issues with getting mobile passes for the UA segments since i started on UA.
UA can't generate any NH boarding passes last time I flew an codeshare - you'll get a notice to get a boarding pass at the transfer desk in NRT, which takes about 5 minutes and they'll also verify that the checked bags are transferred/loaded.

Originally Posted by swiftaw

Did you check in for the ANA flight online or in-person? Was it a UA ticket?

Asking because I have a UA ticket with first flight on NH and really hoping I can check in online.
Nope - you'll need to check in in person. NH will check you in for both flights though and give you BPs for both NH and UA flights.

Originally Posted by CHK897
Hello. I'll be flying UA7945 then NH807 both operated by ANA (LAX-NRT-BKK) I bought it from United.com under 016 stock. Previously, I'll take Delta flight to make a connection in LAX (from Denver) totally 1.50 hrs. It's kind of tight and OLCI would be really helpful. I will have no checked bag. Hopefully, I don't need to go to the check-in counter at TBIT.

Lastly, may not be related to this thread. In the worst case if I cannot do OLCI, can I get a boarding pass at transfer counter in TBIT? or I have to get it from the check in counter? Thank you so much.
Have you tried checking in on ANA using the ANA PNR? That might be one way to go. Can't check in with UA since none of the flights are operated by UA.

Alternatively, Delta has a shuttle running between T2-3 and TBIT. You might want to have a printed copy of the itinerary to show that you have an onward flight in TBIT. Otherwise, you would need to exit the terminal, either walk or take the shuttle bus to TBIT. There are no connections behind security (yet) between T2-3 and TBIT.

By chance if you were able to take the shuttle, you can check-in at the gate.