FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In an active reservation now and need to checkout early. What are my options?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:35 am
monw

Originally Posted by myperks

hmmm... since it’s night time there already, might as well wait until the manager gets in tomorrow morning and see what they can do for you. It’s not really a downgrade to a working room if you booked points and we’re going to get that room anyways (in my opinion). Out of curiosity, why do you need a room phone and can’t you call via VOIP service to Marriott like Skype?
Originally Posted by CPRich
So you have a reservation for tomorrow night and are past the cancellation deadline, I assume? Sounds like you're at the mercy of the property - all you can do is ask, as you've agreed to the cancellation deadline with your reservation.

If you were actually wanting to check out early from a single two-night reservation, the situation might be different, but that doesn't sound like your situation. Or am I misreading your situation?
Properties in Europe have stricter cancellation policies. Some two days before arrival, others two weeks. In our case the cancellation window was two days before arrival.