FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In an active reservation now and need to checkout early. What are my options?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:34 pm
myperks

Originally Posted by monw
I am at the Nice Le Méridien spending my first night of a two night reservation. Both nights are separate bookings independent of each other and made with points.
The hotel and room is not up to standard. This might be the most disappointing hotel I have stayed at in a long time. I would prefer to check out tomorrow without incurring a penalty.
The room phone does not work and I cannot call marriot customer service. The manager is “not in”. The front desk has no authority to make any concessions and are offering a downgrade to a room with a working phone and perhaps a bathroom door which actually closes shut.

What are my options? Thanks for your help.
hmmm... since it’s night time there already, might as well wait until the manager gets in tomorrow morning and see what they can do for you. It’s not really a downgrade to a working room if you booked points and we’re going to get that room anyways (in my opinion). Out of curiosity, why do you need a room phone and can’t you call via VOIP service to Marriott like Skype?