FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic China flight and infants - can I add them at the airport?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:33 pm
hungarianhc

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Domestic China flight and infants - can I add them at the airport?

Hi There,

Main question: If I have a ticket with China and an infant daughter, and all of her paperwork like birth certificate, passport, etc, can I show up with her at the airport and pay the fees / taxes to get her added as a lap child upon arrival?

Backstory here:
I booked an award ticket via Flying Blue for myself and many family members, including my infant daughter. This ticket is XIY-PVG, and I am having a heck of a time getting my daughter officially ticketed. All of the adults are good to go, but her ticket still shows as unticketed. When I call China Eastern, they tell me that I need to split one adult off to another itinerary with just the infant, and then they can do the infant ticket. So I call Flying Blue back, ad they split us off. Now my daughter and I have a separate PNR, but Flying Blue isn't getting a China Eastern booking code for this separate PNR, just the original, and when I call China Eastern, they refuse to do anything without my giving them their PNR. I keep going back and forth between China Eastern and Flying Blue, and I'm hoping that maybe I can just stop worrying about this and pay at the airport... Help!

Thanks in advance :-).