FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First flight on NW international, what should I expect?
Old Aug 20, 2004, 11:11 am
notsosmart
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I am travelling internationaly for the first time on NW. One of my leg is in Y and the return one is in J. What should I expect? Are alcoholic drink free in Y? What kind of seats are the 744 equipped with in J? Do DL Platinum get access to the lounge even when on Y outside of the US (I think the answer to that one should be yes)?
Lounge access: yes, IF you have a crown room membership, plus you'll have to show your BP. If you don't have a membership, you will have lounge access on the return leg due to the J ticket.

Drinks are free on NW (good bennie vs. CO, who make you pay ). I am not sure about the current status of J seats on 744s, but they are being converted to the new A330-style WBC pods.

FlyerTalk is such an amazing resource, that if you post your itinerary, someone here will be able to figure out which plane it's scheduled to be, and then look it up to see if it's been converted. Well, maybe, plus a/c are being switched around all the time.

Y seats on the 744 are Y seats. Hope for an empty flight.

-Gaetano