Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

First flight on NW international, what should I expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First flight on NW international, what should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Question First flight on NW international, what should I expect?

I am travelling internationaly for the first time on NW. One of my leg is in Y and the return one is in J. What should I expect? Are alcoholic drink free in Y? What kind of seats are the 744 equipped with in J? Do DL Platinum get access to the lounge even when on Y outside of the US (I think the answer to that one should be yes)?
Old Aug 20, 2004, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I am travelling internationaly for the first time on NW. One of my leg is in Y and the return one is in J. What should I expect? Are alcoholic drink free in Y? What kind of seats are the 744 equipped with in J? Do DL Platinum get access to the lounge even when on Y outside of the US (I think the answer to that one should be yes)?
Lounge access: yes, IF you have a crown room membership, plus you'll have to show your BP. If you don't have a membership, you will have lounge access on the return leg due to the J ticket.

Drinks are free on NW (good bennie vs. CO, who make you pay ). I am not sure about the current status of J seats on 744s, but they are being converted to the new A330-style WBC pods.

FlyerTalk is such an amazing resource, that if you post your itinerary, someone here will be able to figure out which plane it's scheduled to be, and then look it up to see if it's been converted. Well, maybe, plus a/c are being switched around all the time.

Y seats on the 744 are Y seats. Hope for an empty flight.

-Gaetano
Old Aug 20, 2004, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Lounge access: yes, IF you have a crown room membership, plus you'll have to show your BP.
He's DL Platinum, so he has a CRC membership. So yes, he'll have access to the WorldClubs.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Bagels
He's DL Platinum, so he has a CRC membership. So yes, he'll have access to the WorldClubs.
Uh, does DL give away memberships to its plats? That is a significant benefit if true.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 12:54 pm

Uh, does DL give away memberships to its plats? That is a significant benefit if true.
Yes, they do.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about/...ance/index.jsp
Old Aug 20, 2004, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Your seats may make a big difference. I suggest a look at seatguru.com to get some idea of where you should sit.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Cool

Lounge access: yes, IF you have a crown room membership, plus you'll have to show your BP. If you don't have a membership, you will have lounge access on the return leg due to the J ticket.

Drinks are free on NW (good bennie vs. CO, who make you pay ). I am not sure about the current status of J seats on 744s, but they are being converted to the new A330-style WBC pods.

FlyerTalk is such an amazing resource, that if you post your itinerary, someone here will be able to figure out which plane it's scheduled to be, and then look it up to see if it's been converted. Well, maybe, plus a/c are being switched around all the time.

Y seats on the 744 are Y seats. Hope for an empty flight.

-Gaetano
To confirm what some others have said, yes I am DL Platinum and thus have membership. Have already used it on a NW domestic flight. As you suggest I am posting my itinerary to see if someone can tell me:
Sept 4th:
DEN-DTW NW 426
DTW-NRT NW 25
Sept 5th:
NRT-PEK NW 19
Return: Sept 13th:
PEK-NRT NW 20
NRT-DTW NW 26
DTW-DEN NW 1219

Now another question came to my mind. Does NW do YUP? If so, can I easily pay the fare difference without penalties the day of travel if the YUP is avail? And at what time is availability decided (i.e. I'd have to wait until I am in DTW or would I have confirmation from DEN?)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.