FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Real life benefits of Platinum?
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:42 pm
BadoRas

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by m3red

the best benefits are:

F lounge access in Dxb and select outstations

ability for SPACE upgrades from y to j on select flights when no availability exists

better call desk

gold card to gift

its really not worth the extra 100k tier miles

Totally agree.

I attain platinum by virtue of my chosen frequency and class of travel. I would never go out of my way to do that extra 'tier miles run' purely to make the 150K tier miles. If Emirates were really smart about it, they would make the platinum benefits something REALLY worth having. That would be a much better driver for people to spend that extra amount to make it to platinum.

For me, the only real benefit is access to the DXB F lounge, but many plats like myself tend to fly F most of the time anyway. I feel it's time Emirates really made platinum a tier level WORTH ATTAINING. The latest incentives are mediocre and unattainable for many. Yes, I will probably be able to roll over my excess tier miles into the next 12 month period, but my flight frequency and class of travel ensures I will make platinum anyway, without rolling over an excess. So all I'm doing is accumulating excess tier miles with no incentive. Benefits such as a number of guaranteed upgrades each year, and reduced miles for further upgrades without the condition of very high spend limits, would definitely interest people.

It just doesn't seem very sparkly making it to platinum, and I wish it did. I would be interested to hear opinions from other platinums (platina?) and from those tantalisingly close to 150K tier miles.