FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:23 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Stuck in the checkout queue for what seemed like an eternity this morning behind a guest wishing to redeem one of these Thank You gift cards.

I know this particular hotel is pretty switched in when it comes to Bonvoy stuff, but judging by the amount of back-office consultation that took place it seems pretty clear that none of the staff had received a “we’re sending out gift cards, this is what you should do if someone presents one” briefing.
I always try to pay my bill the night before check out when using gift cards, or if it's a legacy SPG property, I let them know even sooner so they have time to figure it out. Hasn't worked particularly well in Australia where they couldn't figure it out after a week, but it worked to get the credit card fees waived. LOL

I have quite a few gift cards right now, so will try to use them at legacy Marriott properties.

Originally Posted by hanto
Ambassador 80 nights 17.5k spending. Nothing here.....they don't even send out birthday gift anymore...no targeted promotion whatsoever
See post # 199.