FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KQ over AF for Madagascar - are they okay?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:19 am
typical
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
I'm about to make FB Plat based mostly on flying KQ shorthaul, and mostly in Y. They certainly do cancel regional flights fairly regularly - maybe 3-5% of my trips suffers from a cancellation? - but I think they mostly do it to routes with more flights anyway. (Last time was this week, where they actually ran a 737 on the route instead). I get upgraded notably more frequently than I get a cancellation

The E190 isn't a bad bird all told, but bring your own IFE. I find the double seats a little better than the single ones in J, because the large armrest between the doubles gives a feeling of more space IMO.

787 in J is pretty comfortable and I have slept pretty well on the seat; Y suffers the usual 9-across disgustingness but the pitch isn't bad.

Originally Posted by 747jetter
NBO lounge is okay, has shower but did not look really appealing, wifi was great and food selection just alright.
The showers in the lounge are fine, as far as it goes. Food has shown a marked improvement, from "I'm off to Hardee's or Java instead" to "it'll keep me going at a push". Breakfast is usually better than dinner.