FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I got Irrops and need an advise before calling hotline
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:20 am
Nephoi

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
I got Irrops and need an advise before calling hotline

Hey Folks,

so I am doing my ARN-MIA TP run on a BA ticket and I got irrops due to first "maintenance" and then weather.

i was scheduled for DFW-LHR (AA50) - HEL (AY1332) - ARN (BA6043) arriving at ARN at 4:00 pm
DFW-LHR (AA50) had a late arrival at 10:40 instead of 6:55
BA rebooked me for this: BA782 to ARN departing 5 pm arriving 8:35 pm and leaving out the HEL detour.

since I have booked another flight with a LCC from ARN to TXL where I am headed to, leaving ARN at 8:00 I got it managed to get booked directly from LHR to TXL with BA986 arriving at Berlin 6:30 pm.

what do I want now? original routing credit for Avios and TP.
BA representative @ Terminal 5 told me that this would be difficult since I changed the final destination of the ticket.
I told them that this was to avoid an EU261 claimable delay (and of course of getting home by tonight).

Do you, folks, have any idea how to get the TP and Avios for the original routing?

and what does "original" mean? the routing which was booked at the very first time (ARN-HEL-LHR//LCY-JFK-CLT-MIA-MSY-PHL-LHR-HEL-ARN) or the routing which I was intended to actually fly?(ARN-HEL-LHR//LCY-JFK-MIA-MSY-DFW-LHR-HEL-ARN (got a bunch of reroutings in the process since American Airlines likes to reschedule their flights)

Sorry if anything is unclear, English isn't my first language.

Kind regards and thanks in Advance
Nephoi

Last edited by Nephoi; Jul 11, 2019 at 6:27 am