FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyingBlue Program : Worthless ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:07 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TheRoadAheadOfUS
What are your thoughts on this?
it all depends on your situation and needs

1 - you are located in the USA , which mean you can get tons of UR by buying candies everyday , transfer them to flying blue and have fun without paying thousand of dollars per year in flights
2 - Flying blue used to be a sweet deal for US customers , but now all domestic flights give you 2xp only in economy , regardless of distance and no more static charts for miles redemptions (they had good rates from US mainland to carribean and hawai for instance)
3 - if you take international skyteam flights a lot , yes flying blue can be good but its up to what you want and/or need
4 - all programs are devaluated , so flying blue is just following the trend in this industry
​​​​​​​
I have a CSR ..... as I could redeem for USD 2400 through the Chase portal for any flight or hotel I want...
At least you have the choice of partners

Also it seems that increasing tier requires 100XP (which represents 2 or 3 business class intercontinental flights) and yet you just got an extra checked in luggage
More or less the problem is that you are living in the usa , which mean most international flights operated by skyteam airlines to/from the USA are intercontinental

I have a lot of Delta miles as well but it seems it's very hard or impossible to transfer from Delta to AF?
as far as i know its not possible directly , and i guess indirect transfers too

I think FlyingBlue is only worthwhile if you fly business or first more than 5 times a year
It depends what you expect from a frequent flyer program

i was quite happy as silver , because i dont have huge needs . But in my case almost all the missing benefits (compared to gold for instance) can easily be obtained by other means

Last edited by fifty_two; Jul 11, 2019 at 1:12 am