Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
1. Capital One Ventrue
2. 8 years
3. 2k Checking
4. 20-30K
5. No Cycle
6. No BP

Logged into my account and wife's account and both were listed as 'Restricted'. Spent an hour on the phone being transferred by CS and finally got to the fraud dept. They said I needed to leave a message for the EXECUTIVE RESOLUTION DEPT and someone would get back to me. I had about 800K miles between both accounts and now they say 0. Anyone have experience with this? we both got emails saying they would credit the cash to the account but if the CC is closed where will the money go?
If they have shut you down completely, they will send you a check once they are certain that there are no outstanding checks that need to be paid from your checking balance.
On the other hand, if all they shut was your credit card, then you have an ongoing relation with them and a functional checking account.......not likely.

Bummer about the miles. From other posts, you can follow up and request that they be given back. There apparently has been some success in doing that.

Were you paying your CC account balance out of checking. If you were, were you depositing MOs into the checking account? If so, this would be the classic "don't poop where you eat" scenario.
Good luck in getting those miles back.