FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crediting SQ flights to MP vs. KrisFlyer
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:45 pm
PakThomas

Programs: United
Crediting SQ flights to MP vs. KrisFlyer

My wife and I have purchased tickets LAX-SIN-CGK-SIN-LAX on SQ. The outbound flights are in Q class, so we would get 50% mileage credit with KrisFlyer for LAX-SIN-CGK vs. 0 mileage credit with MP. On the return the flight CGK-SIN is in E class, so we'd get 100% credit with KrisFlyer vs. 75% with MP. All is clear. However, the SIN-LAX flight is where things get interesting. On the ticket (purchased through an online travel agent) it says "Premium Economy (R class), which according to the chart on the SQ website should give us 100% miles; however, under the "Summary of Fare Conditions" the ticket says "Premium Economy Lite" which it claims earns 100% miles, but underneath that it says "Allowed CGK-SIN, Not Allowed SIN-LAX." I'm assuming the Fare Conditions on the ticket trump the chart on the SQ site, so we would get 0 miles for our SIN-LAX flight if I credit to KrisFlyer, while the chart on the UA site shows we'd get 100% miles for crediting an R class SQ Premium Economy flight to MP.

Obviously crediting the miles to MP would be better if we actually get 100% credit for the return flight, and I have somewhat of a preference for MP over KrisFlyer. However, will the SQ fare conditions overide the information in the MP chart? Does anyone have any insight regarding this situation. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by PakThomas; Jul 10, 2019 at 12:47 pm Reason: To clarify the itinerary under discussion