FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:28 pm
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
FYI... On my second NBO trip in Feb 2020, I was booked on AZ7151 NBO-FCO nonstop then FCO-LAX-JFK. AZ7151 got changed to NBO-GVA-FCO as KQ128 and AZ7151 no longer exists on that day (but does on other days). There were 2 problems with rebooking me on KQ128, 1) I don't want to do the GVA stop and 2) As a Delta flyer KQ is Skyteam tier 2 and doesn't get any class of service bonuses, RDM and MQM are only at 100% even in J.

I hunted around on Expert Flyer for an AF or KL routing. One option was to do either NBO-CDG-FCO or NBO-AMS-FCO (both options offer AF or KL codeshare operated by KQ or pure KL and AF operated flights). It would have resulted in more MQM's but I ended up choosing NBO-AMS KL 787-10 to AMS-LAX KL 747-400MIX. I was able to snag seat 1A in the nose of the 747 for the LAX flight. I know the KLM 747's are a bit dated, but I decided I wanted to ride in the 747 one last time before they retire. 1A is also one of the 2 seats that are singles on the KL 747 nose. I'll still get to try out AZ operated FCO-LAX later this month on my first trip.

Called the Delta Platinum line and they were able to reissue the ticket easily. At first they used DL flight numbers but I was watching them online in My Delta account and was able to ask that they use pure KLM flight no's for better earning and they had no problem changing it. Although the AF and KL flights were not valid in the original fare routing, any valid route is acceptable when a schedule change is involved with Delta. I'm so glad I got it issued on 006 DL stock originally! The NBO-GVA-FCO routing adds 4 hours to arrival time in FCO, so its easy to get them to do anything on it.