FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mai Tais and Newspapers in F: LAX-HNL
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2004, 8:37 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Aloha all,

Does anyone know if Mai Tais and newspapers are offered LAX-HNL in the First Class cabin? Also, do the seats have footrests?

Finally, what is the Lava Sundae (what topppings are available)?

Mahalo.

Yes, you can have all the Mai Tai's you can drink, fresh-made, too. Not the bottled variety you buy in the back of the bus. Always lots of newspapers, too.

And yes, every seat has a foot rest. The seats are pretty narrow, though. 2-2-2 configuration on a 767 vs. 2-3-2 in economy. If you don't need the space in front of you for a carry-on, I highly recommend the bulkhead on one side or the other. The seat pitch isn't that great, so that extra space in front of you seems pretty huge. Don't do bulk-head in the center section, though, as HA has a number of the older planes without a bulkhead -- you're just kind of out there in the center of things. Fortunately, I've never been stuck with it, but it looks very uncomfortable. There's no way to know if you'll get one of those aircraft, so it's best to avoid those seats.

I've only had the Lava Sundae once -- last year some time. I'm not sure they serve it any more, as I haven't seen it on a flight recently. There were no choices of toppings. It comes with the berry (either raspberry or blackberry, I forget) already in it. If memory serves, it has vanilla ice cream and coconut in it as well. It's very good, I do remember that! HA's food service is definitely the highlight of the flight, in first class, anyway.