FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meeting point at PEK
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:49 pm
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by moondog
As I've mentioned in other threads, unless traffic is especially nasty, I prefer taxis to AEX/subway, especially when arriving at T3 or departing from T2.

The transfers at sanyuan qiao and dongzhimen both suck, and Line 10 is extremely crowded.
If you've to change 3 times, the hotel is 1km away from the subway, your party is 2+ people, you got a luggage to schlepp and it's during rushhour (especially in a direction that the taxi will not be affected by it so much) - or at least couple of those factors - I'll definitely agree a taxi is the way to go.

But if it's an easy 1 interchange, hotel nearby the nearest subway exit, you're a single, seasoned traveller with a light / easy to carry bag, then I'd go with the AirportExpress/Subway combo. It's really down to your personal situation what will be the best solution.

Remembers me when we arrived as a group of 5 in SIN.

Me and a collegue decided to go with MRT, 3 collegues went with a taxi.

MRT went fine as always, with a quick connection at Tana Mehra and straight to the hotel it took less than 40min. Collegues were stuck for about 2hrs due to an accident on the ECP. I think my pictures of us enjoying food and some Tigers while they were squeezed in the jam didn't made their mood better