FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP contract lounges: recent changes and Star Gold access
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:50 pm
CSTTI

TAP new lounge access policy

I’m Star Alliance Gold member and last 10th June, I was travelling TP1201 DME-LIS in business class and found out that no lounge was available for any TAP passengers at DME airport.

At check-in I was informed that TAP, at the end of April, ceased agreement with Contract Lounges at DME and other 38 airports: ALC, BEL, CNF, BIO, BLQ, BOD, BUD, CCS, CMN, DUB, FAO, FLR, FOR, LPA, LUX, LYS, AGP, MAN, RAK, MRS, DME, NTE, NAP, NAT, JFK, NCE, PDL, POA, RAI, REC, SID, SSA, SVQ, TNG, TER, TLS, VLC, VCE.

Besides, lounge access in the airports BCN, MAD, ORY, TLV, ABJ is only granted for C class passengers, not Gold members.

In my case I had no choice to get a seat in front of the Austrian Lounge at DME, watching all other Star Alliance airlines eligible passengers entering the lounge… All Star Alliance airlines flying to DME has Contract Lounge for their passengers, except TAP.

If this new TAP policy is to continue, I will choose alternative Star Alliance airlines for future flights