FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constructive Criticism of La Premiere
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:04 am
caliform

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I have recent experience of the lounge and product and found it good. The lounge is excellent; the product on board fantastic. I think it's a very good contender for the best overall F product, but for me it's tied with ANA / JAL F (which I find very comparable). They're also decidedly a product of their country's cultures: French service is overall fairly 'hands-off' (though, I have never wanted for anything on AF!) so if you expect to be extremely typical-Asian-carrier-doted-on to the point of feeling like an infant it might disappoint. But I prefer the French way of things. Occasionally, that means you might have to make eye contact with a waitress in the lounge to order your free truffled elbow pasta or get a champagne refill.

I find that the beer and liquor offering on AF is severely lacking, but the wine, champagne and typical-french food offering is superior. I find the lounge vastly superior; the only one that comes close is perhaps the Swiss F lounge.

I think you'll find the criticism here moderate, and that's with the most vocal and critical folks here. I'd highly recommend it. Or perhaps don't; it'll ruin almost every other flight on Earth as being hopelessly bad in comparison.