FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:47 pm
myperks

Originally Posted by jrm68
A small warning, if you are going to convert certificate make dummy reservations to hold your points. I had the same thing happen that many of the people such as Margaritagirl had happen almost a year ago. I had read about it previously, but had converted certs for other accounts, so I got complacent on my own.

I called today to change an OC6 to a N4 with 30K back. Agent seemed to know exactly what to do, and after 5 minutes on hold, told me it was done. She stated that my points refund for the 30k would show in my account in about 12 hours. I thought, that I had won phone roulette. What actually happened, the loyalty liaison "bought" a new 1-4 with 45k of my points without canceling the first certificate. Of course no refund of 30K either. My account shows both certificates (new and unchanged 6) and is missing 45k, but there is nothing showing under activity to prove the withdrawal. I only received the purchase email and not a cancellation one. I did take screenshots of my balance since Firefox was showing the higher balance versus the app. Now it has updated to show the lower balance also. I would be whole, if they cancel the cert and give me the 75K back, but have a feeling that will be time consuming to explain to the supervisor if I can even get a hold of one tomorrow. So save yourself some grief and make dummy reservations, so that you don't have the points for them to take and they are forced to cancel the old cert before the new cert purchase.
maybe it’s only me but I would love to buy and buy and buy 7N NC4 certs for 45k... sign me up