FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collapsible buggies on BA and codeshares
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:07 am
babybus

Programs: OneWorld
Originally Posted by lavajava
Seems like the Ant would be perfect then. I see it's capable of going both ways and IMO looks more sturdy than the Zen. Had it of been out at the time, I would have probably bought it however do wander how the soft parts are fitted/whether you can fold properly while attached. Seems they might be pre-order/limited availability (in the UK).

All the best with your travels.
I asked after the soft parts and they seem to have thought of this. Special (of course ridiculously expensive) footmuff that allows for the fold just for that model. Buy separately rain cover too. They do know how to milk the magic money tree. Thus why it'd be OK if it replaces the buggy entirely, not so cool if it is only for travel. A lot of people were commenting on how stupid the side panels look on it, but I imagine this gives it suitcase like rigidity. Must work as they rated this one to carry 5kg extra of child vs current buggy

Looked at it in a shop and unlike the yoyo, it's handle seems quite flimsy. Not sure how well it's going to hold up popping kerbs regularly, but perhaps they must have tested that out.

Current buggy allows us to buggy board but would always be a gate check if we go that way. GB Pockit seems like it would ALWAYS be able to be put in overhead barring some unforeseen circumstance but it's size does mean quite low features. Not sure how a week or two of holiday would be with it.

The yoyo always looked scary because I wonder how to carry the kitchen sink of baby stuff with it